Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The chill, the breeze, and the leaves that fall from trees

Everything that is beautiful

Things that draw me near

Open to fear in all of my tears

Dancing under moonlight

Violins sing and the wind blows

Your hair and down your satin gown

Ever so softly, slowly, holding on to me

We begin to take flight, off into the night

Time slows and as a look, I begin to see you glow

Face to face shows grace divine

Remains a mystery

Winding, Twisting, whirling, turning

Everything I am is everything for you.

The hours pass, the music begins to fade

A melting candle, the fire to flame

Will you remember my name?

Can you see through all of my shame?

Who is there to blame?

In silence now, the seas have stilled

One last chance, give me just one glance

Call me home, a place so I can rest

Tell me one more time

Of how we met, of how we fell in love

Of how we’d never leave each other

Of how we’d love

But wait a moment

I can hear the choir singing in baritone

Words I forgot to mention

Words of redemption

The chill, the breeze, and the leaves that fall from trees

Amber lights across the somber skies

Running, laughing, crying, breathing

In you and me

Around there is no sound

The town is drowned as we leave the ground

Behind all that is broken, all that is stolen,

All that is temporary, all and all that means nothing

We come and go, we come and go

Outside I can see the snow falling

And everyone is unique to you

A different name, a different way for me to show you

The love I have for you, my one

A little peace of heaven

A life before mine

A wonder of sign, oh light divine

And now we sleep in love tonight

Forever it seems lying next to you

I never want to leave

You’ll never be alone

For you are my lust

And kiss you I must

The seal of my trust

Two hearts break into one

A union of passion and will and rage

For one and one becomes one

A love that lasts forever

Is you and me together

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooooow who is the inspiration behind this piece... Captivating!

christiankeystone said...

where all inspiration flows...

Unknown said...

wow brett! u are very talented! i'm glad u took a year to write more, i'm sure u'll b very successful...